Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our worst night so far

In a previous blog i had mentioned our children don't sleep well. There are those nights you will never forget and the following is one of those nights.

Our oldest daughter has a movement disorder that resembles a seizure, actually, at times it is hard to tell the difference. Her movement disorder is really bad tremors. Her tremors were so bad that night she was literally moving across the floor having tremors. My husband and i had to sit on the floor to protect her head and body from getting hurt. We knew she had to go to the emergency room. Before one of us could take her, our youngest daughter woke up.

She had spiked a fever of 103. When she got fever's her seizures start. So, we had our oldest daughter having tremors on the floor, our youngest daughter with a really high fever. Then our son woke up.

Before he was on medication for acid reflux, he cried continuously. Trying to get a dr. to diagnose acid reflux in an infant is very difficult. Well that night he was the last one to wake up. when he awoke, he started crying. It wasn't really crying, it was more like a painful scream.

So, there my husband and I were, with our three children that we live for, one was having serious tremors, one had a fever, and one was screaming from pain from acid reflux.

we called the only support system we had which was my mother. We called her at 1:50 am for her to come watch our two youngest so we could take our daughter to the emergency room, since it took two people to keep her safe. My mom was sick and couldn't come.

I'll never forget looking at the clock. It was 2 am, my husband looked at me and said "we are truly alone in this". I had never felt so isolated and helpless in my life.

I ended up taking her to the emergency room, getting a ride from a neighbor.

Life has been hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment